Certificate of Certifiable Works (CCW) - Building
Under the Water and Sewerage Industry Act, Southern Water is responsible for providing a Certificate of Certifiable Work (Building) or exemption to the applicant or Permit Authority (Council). This Certificate will advise the applicant of water and sewerage conditions that may apply to an application for a Building Permit.
Southern Water has 14 calendar days for building (or building and plumbing combined) to reply with any required conditions and advice. Southern Water has 7 calendar days to request further information if required. Where further information is sought the "clock stops" and the timeframe recommences when satisfactory additional information is received.
If your application does not require approval from Southern Water you may complete a Declaration of Exemption; however it should be noted that the Permit Authority may still reserve the right to request a Certificate obtained directly from Southern Water.
A Certificate of Certifiable Works may combine both Building and Plumbing.
The applicant must submit the following items to Southern Water:
- An application form for a Certificate of Certifiable Works
- Completed Trade Waste application form (if applicable)
- Full copy of Certificate of Title Documents
- Planning Permit – (Or declaration of exemption from Council or marked as such on the CCW application form)
- Site location plan
- Architectural drawings (Final Design)
- Detailed hydraulic servicing drawings showing existing and proposed Southern Water assets. For detailed services information on existing water and sewerage please call Southern Water, 13 MYWATER (13 6992).
© - Copyright Southern Water Tasmania, 2011 - All Rights Reserved.